Do you know that the skin around your eyes is the thinnest in all your body areas? This delicate area matures faster than other parts of your body, and it is susceptible to fine lines, wrinkles, sagging, environmental damage from UV rays, irritation, and dark spots. Thus, wearing sunglasses alone or a hat is not enough to protect the delicate skin around your eyes. It would be best to use eye creams for optimal protection from the sun. While face creams have potent anti-aging ingredients, using them alone is not enough. Consider using creams formulated for the eye area to get total protection for the skin.
Eye creams, especially those with SPF, protect delicate eye areas. They block the sun and have a natural antioxidant that prevents premature aging. Some eye creams will also contain some brighteners to mask eye darkness. Investing in the best eye creams with SPF will prevent signs of aging around the eyes. With many options out there to choose from, here is a list of the best creams for your eyes.
- Editor’s Choices
- 10 Best Eye Creams With SPF
- 1. Supergoop! Anti-Aging Eye Cream with SPF (Best For Sensitive Skin)
- 3. LancomeRenergie Lift Multi-Action SPF 15 (Best Lightweight)
- 3. RoC Multi Correxion 5 in 1 Anti-Aging Moisturizer (Best Anti Aging Formulas)
- 4. Cetaphil Hydrating Eye Gel Cream (Best Doctor Recommended)
- 5. Murad Environmental Shield Essential-C Eye Cream (Best For Oily Skin)
- 6. Dermalogica Total Eye Care SPF15 (Best Fragrance Free)
- 7. PCA SKIN Sheer Tint Anti-Aging Eye Cream (Best For Normal Skin)
- 8. Origins SPF 20 Age-Defense Eye Cream (Best Oil Free)
- 9. Health and Beauty Anti-wrinkle Eye and Neck Cream (Best For Dry Skin)
- 10. Y-Not Natural Emu Oil Daily Revitalizing Eye Cream (Best For Vitamin E)
- How To Pick The Right Eye Cream With SPF?
- Frequently Asked Questions
10 Best Eye Creams With SPF
1. Supergoop! Anti-Aging Eye Cream with SPF (Best For Sensitive Skin)
This is an anti-aging eye cream formulated for sensitive skin around the eyes. It offers broad-spectrum protection against UVA/UVB rays with SPF37. This cream is illuminating and hydrating. It is made with natural oat peptides that provide optimal hydration and firmness to your skin. This reduces fine lines and wrinkles around the eye area. Cogon grass and squalene keep your skin moisturized and protect it against free radical damage. This eye cream is lightweight and fast-absorbing and effectively treats dark circles under the eye.
- Lightweight and fast-absorbing formula
- Moisturizes and firms your skin
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes
- Treats dark circles under the eye
- Protects against UVA/UVB rays with SPF37
3. LancomeRenergie Lift Multi-Action SPF 15 (Best Lightweight)
This is a daily powerful day cream moisturizer ideal for dry skin. It visibly lifts and tightens the area around your eyes to minimize the signs of aging. It works to minimize sagging skin, fine lines, and wrinkles. It is formulated with SPF 15 to provide additional skincare protection against sun damage. This eye cream is infused with hyaluronic acid that provides all-day moisture and hydration.
- Minimize signs of aging
- Protects skin against sun damage
- Visibly lifts and tightens the skin
- Provides all-day moisture and hydration
3. RoC Multi Correxion 5 in 1 Anti-Aging Moisturizer (Best Anti Aging Formulas)
This is a multi-action face cream that moisturizes and fights five key signs of aging. It helps to keep your skin more youthful and radiant. It has a broad spectrum SPF30 that protects your skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays. It is gentle enough for daily use. This is a proven formula that helps to visibly improve discolorations, firm your skin, reduce dullness, and restore skin radiance in 4 weeks. This non-greasy formula hydrates dry skin and evens out your skin tone.
- Protects your skin from harmful sun rays
- Visibly reduces the look of discoloration and sagging
- Reduce dullness and restores your skin radiance
- Non-greasy anti-aging formula
4. Cetaphil Hydrating Eye Gel Cream (Best Doctor Recommended)
Cetaphil Hydrating Eye Gel Cream should be your go-to product if you have normal skin. This cream has hyaluronic acid that intensely hydrates the delicate skin around the skin. It is infused with licorice extract and a vitamin complex to brighten and smooth the area around the eye. This lightweight formula absorbs quickly and moisturizes deeply to lock in moisture and leave the fragile eye area soft, soothed, and refreshed. It is hypoallergenic and designed to be non-irritating even for people with sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.
- Non-irritating hypoallergenic formula
- Brightens and smooths the area around the eyes
- Hydrates and nourishes the delicate skin around the eyes
- Absorbs quickly
5. Murad Environmental Shield Essential-C Eye Cream (Best For Oily Skin)
This is an anti-aging eye cream suitable for all skin types. It is a hydrating cream with SPF 15 that protects the delicate area around your eyes from UVA/UVB rays. The cream is infused with caffeine and retinol to reduce puffiness while supporting the skin renewal process. This cream is enriched with light diffusers that soften the appearance of fine lines and dark circles around the eye area. This eye cream is enriched with butter and avocado oil to hydrate and soothe your skin.
- Hydrating eye cream
- Softens the appearance of fine lines and dark circles
- Protects the eye from UVA/UVB rays
- Conditions and promotes skin renewal
6. Dermalogica Total Eye Care SPF15 (Best Fragrance Free)
This is a fragrance-free eye cream that is ideal for acne-prone skin. It comes with SPF15 which protects your skin from UV damage. The cream is formulated with skin-smoothing alpha hydroxy acid and plant extracts that retexturize to help reduce the appearance of puffiness and fine lines. It is infused with optical light diffusers that minimize dark circles around the eye area.
- Chemical-free and fragrance-free formula
- Gentle formula ideal for contact lens wearers
- It helps to reduce puffiness and fine lines
- Minimizes dark circles
- Shields your skin from sun damage with SPF15
7. PCA SKIN Sheer Tint Anti-Aging Eye Cream (Best For Normal Skin)
This is an anti-aging eye for your under-eye area. It is a tinted cream with a broad-spectrum sunscreen SPF30. It offers protection against UVA/UVB rays and reduces the signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles. Use this cream to neutralize imperfections around the under-eye area. It brightens the eye area to get rid of dark circles and puffiness. It is enriched with coconut oil and shea butter, which keeps the area under your eye hydrated and moisturized.
- Has triple complex, broad spectrum SPF30 to protect your skin from sun damage
- Reduces signs of aging
- Neutralizes imperfections around the eye area
- Smooth and brightens the eye area
8. Origins SPF 20 Age-Defense Eye Cream (Best Oil Free)
This eye cream is rich in white tea antioxidants. It helps to protect your skin from external environmental factors like pollution, infrared red rays, and ground-level ozone. This lightweight formula boosts hydration and radiance in your skin. The white tea antioxidant renews and brightens under the eye area. It also neutralizes the UV rays’ damaging effect to give you smooth and soft skin. It is infused with barrier-boosting Edelweiss that strengthens your skin to prevent premature signs of aging.
- Lightweight oil-free formula
- Protects your skin from UVA/UVB rays
- Boost hydration and radiance
- Prevents premature signs of aging
9. Health and Beauty Anti-wrinkle Eye and Neck Cream (Best For Dry Skin)
If you want to fight eye and neck wrinkles, use Health and Beauty Anti-wrinkle Eye and Neck Cream. This cream is ideal for dry skin. It contains hydrating and moisturizing properties that help to firm your skin and eradicate fine lines and wrinkles in your eyes and neck area. With SPF20, this cream protects your skin from harmful sun rays, which helps to reverse and prevent early signs of aging.
- Protects your skin from sun damage
- Hydrates and moisturizes your skin
- Ideal for dry skin
- Works for your eye and neck areas
- Fight wrinkles and fine lines
10. Y-Not Natural Emu Oil Daily Revitalizing Eye Cream (Best For Vitamin E)
This is a revitalizing eye cream suitable for dry skin. It is infused with retinol, vitamins, amino acids, organic avocado oil, and shea butter that nourishes delicate areas around your skin. That fragile area around the eyes shows the first signs of aging like fine lines, discoloration, puffiness, and wrinkles. This eye cream hydrates and fills in wrinkles and fine lines, which helps reverse and fight the signs of aging, and inflammation. The cream is enriched with emu oil from Australia to offer intense hydration and moisturization to your skin. The cream-effective SPF 15 sunscreen protects your skin from sun damage.
- Reduces wrinkles and puffiness
- Protects you from UVA/UVB radiation
- Anti-aging cream with retinol and vitamin E
- Hydrates and moisturizes your skin to reduce eye bags
How To Pick The Right Eye Cream With SPF?
The area under your eye exhibits early signs of aging like wrinkles, fine lines, and dark circles. This is because the area under the eye is prone to being dryer than other areas of your face. You need an eye cream that offers deep hydration and moisturizing benefits to your skin. Look for a cream with hydrating ingredients like hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, and ceramides. Hydrating ingredients help to firm your skin, fill in wrinkles and prevent skin sagging.
Since the area around your eyes is susceptible, you need to avoid scented eye creams. Fragrances can be a source of irritation and allergy to your eyes.
Eye creams creme with different quantities of sun protection factor. It is only best to go for the cream with a higher SPF to give you complete sun protection. An eye cream that comes with SPF 20 and above will do the most to protect your skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays.
Your Skin Type
Eye creams are formulated to suit different skin types. For effective results, you need to use a cream for your skin type. If you have dry skin, look for an eye cream designed for dry cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
When should you apply eye cream?
You should apply your eye cream twice a day. Use it in the morning and at night for effective moisturization and activates the properties of the eye cream that benefits and protects your skin.
Why do you need eye cream when you have face cream?
Because eye cream protects the sensitive area under the eyes prone to wrinkles and dark circles. A face cream will not give you full protection from the UV rays and will not be as effective as an eye cream. For better results, use both face and eye creams.
How can I tighten the skin under my eyes?
Using eye creams will help you firm and tighten the skin around your eye area. These formulas have moisturizing ingredients that make your skin firmer and prevent sagging.
No matter what face you put on, your eyes will always have a story to tell. Taking care of your eyes and the skin around them should be included in your skincare routine. Being the most sensitive area, under your eye area is prone to aging signs like wrinkles, dark circles, and sagging. Apart from wearing your hat and sunscreen, you need to use the best eye cream with SPF to protect your eye area from harmful sun rays. This list will guide you on the best eye cream for your skin type. We highly recommend using the Cetaphil Hydrating Eye Gel Cream. It brightens and smooths the area under your eye and hydrates it to leave it smooth and nourished.
About Author (Susan R. Orrell)
Susan R. Orrell is a well-respected skin care expert and blogger. She has extensive knowledge of skin care products and routines and is dedicated to helping others achieve healthy, radiant skin. Her blog, "The Apex Beauty," is a go-to resource for skincare information, and readers around the world trust her advice. Whether you're looking for tips on how to treat acne, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, or maintain healthy skin, the blog has something for everyone.