Do you know that oily skin becomes dehydrated too? Yes. Never be tempted to skip moisturizer in your skincare routine if you have oily skin. By not using moisturizers, your skin can produce more sebum. This will make it oilier, and shinier, and may lead to the development of acne. Try using the best Korean moisturizers for oily skin to keep it hydrated while balancing the oil level. These are lightweight cream-based moisturizers that will hydrate your skin without leaving any greasiness. They will help you regulate sebum production, control shine, and provide additional nourishment to your skin like anti-aging and other skin benefits. Here is a list of Korean moisturizers formulated best for oily skin. Read on.
- Our Top Picks
- Top 10 Korean Moisturizers For Oily Skin Of 2023
- COSRX Oil-Free Ultra-Moisturizing Lotion with Birch Sap
- d’Alba Piedmont Peptide No Sebum Repair Cream
- Nature Republic Super Aqua Max Fresh
- Mizon All In One Snail Repair Cream
- Belif the True Cream Aqua Bomb Moisturizer
- ETUDE HOUSE Moistfull Collagen Cream
- SeoulCeuticals Korean Skin Care Snail Repair Cream
- Mamonde Floral Moisture Cream Daily Facial Moisturizer
- TONYMOLY The ChokChok Green Tea Watery Cream
- BENTON Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel
- How To Pick The Right Korean Moisturizer For Oily Skin?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our Top Picks
Top 10 Korean Moisturizers For Oily Skin Of 2023
This is an oil-free ultra-moisturizing lotion that is ideal for oily skin. This moisturizer is weightless and gets quickly absorbed into your skin without leaving any greasy residue. This makes it a perfect moisturizer for anyone with oily skin.
This moisturizer contains 70% of willow bark water, a unique ingredient full of vitamins and antioxidants that calm and heal irritated skin effectively by providing the nourishment it needs. This lotion is effective in restoring moisture and maintaining the hydration level.
- Oil-free lotion
- Fast-absorbing moisturizer
- Does not leave a greasy residue
- Lightweight lotion
Related Articles: 10 Best Korean BB Creams
If you have oily acne-prone skin that produces lots of sebum d’Alba Piedmont Peptide No Sebum Repair Cream will be of great help. This moisturizer is formulated with calamine powder, which helps control sebum waste and dead skin cells to keep your skin clean. It is also an effective ingredient for anti-inflammation, skin protection, and soothing effects.
This moisturizer is also enriched with BHA ingredients that remove sebum like whiteheads and blackheads. This eliminates skin breakouts by keeping PH below 6.5. The moisturizer is also an anti-aging formula as it contains white truffle ingredients for effective cell renewal, skin moisturizing, and improvement of wrinkles.
- Contains 20 essential amino acids and minerals to give skin flexibility and elasticity
- Removes sebum waste and dead skin
- Great for acne-prone and sensitive skin
- Highly concentrated antioxidants that eliminate excess oil
- Soothes and relieves sensitive skin
This oil-free moisturizer cream is the best for oily skin. Its non-greasy or non-sticky formula is designed specifically for oily skins, and it is very light and hydrates your skin deeply. It is formulated with Kona deep seawater that is sourced 3000 feet below the ocean.
It is rich in sea plant nutrients, ocean extracts, calcium, and magnesium. Since these minerals are perfectly ionized by nature, the moisturizer is easily absorbed into the skin and does not leave any oily residue. This fresh watery cream makes your skin feel smooth and tightens oily skin.
- Best for oily skin
- Very light with no oily residue
- Fast absorbing and deeply hydrating
- Contains sea plant nutrients and many minerals
Formulated with 92% snail extract filtration, Mizon All in One Snail Repair Cream offers an outstanding skin regenerating effect. This helps to eliminate wrinkles, blemishes, and scars. With the help of adenosine and peptides, this moisturizer is certified for anti-aging.
It has a lightweight texture with fast-absorption without leaving any greasy residue. It is enriched with green tea extract, Centella, and portulaca that help to soothe your skin and neutralize the effect of free radicals. This cream will keep your skin hydrated without weighing it down.
- Lightweight texture
- Fast-absorption formula
- Reduces wrinkles, dullness, dark spots, and blemishes
- Evens dark skin tone
This is an oil-free moisturizer, which makes it great for oily skin as it will not leave any greasy or sticky residue. It is also ultra-light, and it gets absorbed into the skin quickly and does not feel heavy on your skin.
It provides intensive hydration and improves skin elasticity minimizing the appearance of pores. The moisturizer is a blend of apothecary herbs and antioxidants that help to neutralize skin-damaging free radicals.
- Oil-free moisturizer
- Ultra-light and fast-absorbing
- Provides intensive hydration and improves skin elasticity
This is collagen cream formulated with hydrolyzed collagen water that firms your skin and makes it feel bouncy and supple. This moisturizer has a soft and adhering texture that leaves a non-sticky finish. This makes it an ideal choice for oily skin.
This cream has a low PH, and it is lightweight, which makes it good for oily and sensitive skin. The super collagen water delivers hydration, and it is enriched with white lupin with seed-derived protein to keep your skin moisturized. The cream will keep your skin hydrated and youthful for 100 hours.
- Offers long-lasting moisture for 100 hours
- Non-sticky formula
- Has no mineral oil
- Lightweight formula
This is a Korean moisturizer for oily skin that is rich in snail mucin extract of 97%. The snail mucin extract helps in cell regeneration, and in a few weeks of using this moisturizer, you can reduce wrinkles, dullness, and dark spots.
This snail repair cream is enriched with vitamin E and organic green tea extract, great antioxidants useful for oily skin. This moisturizer combats early signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles and gives your skin a radiant glow.
- Has the highest concentration of sail extract
- An anti-aging cream that fights aging signs like wrinkles and fine lines
- Enriched with shea butter, jojoba oil, and vitamin E for maximum hydration
- Lightweight texture
Get intensive hydration to your oily skin from Mamonde Floral Moisture Cream Daily Facial Moisturizer. Its formula is derived from hibiscus flower extract and ceramides to replenish, soothe, and reinvigorate your skin. This rich cream gives your skin a healthy, dewy glow.
Its lightweight texture enhances it to be absorbed into your skin deeply without leaving any sticky residue that can clog your pores. It offers a double moisture barrier that locks in moisture and ensures your skin remains oft all day.
- Has no mineral-oil
- Offers intensive hydration
- Balance and protects the skin moisture barrier
- Soothes skin
This is an antioxidant-rich cream that is suitable for oily skin. This is because it is formulated with pure fermented green tea extract that offers intense hydration without being sticky or too heavy on the skin.
With 63% fermented green tea water, this formula allows your skin to retain moisture for long hours. It achieves this by forming a thin hydrating layer on the skin. Apart from hydrating your skin, this moisturizer soothes irritating to skin and is good for acne-prone skin.
- Soothes and hydrates skin
- Does not feel too sticky or too heavy on the skin
- Anti-oxidant rich cream
- Help skin to retain moisture for long hours
This is an oil-free and watery gel that hydrates oily skin without leaving a sticky residue. It is formulated with 80% aloe ingredients that are rich in polysaccharides and propolis.
Aloe extracts are rich in moisture and nutrients that actively soothe, hydrate, and nourishes the skin keeping it vitalized and firm. The propolis is excellent for anti-inflammation and helps in the active soothing of sensitive skin.
- Has high aloe content that soothes skin
- Has no artificial fragrance or coloring
- Does not leave a sticky residue
- Oil-free formula
How To Pick The Right Korean Moisturizer For Oily Skin?
Consider the ingredients
With oily skin, you have to be careful of the ingredients used to make a moisturizer. This is because some ingredients will not work well with oily skin while others are best for oily skin. You don’t want a moisturizer that will clog your pores or make your skin oilier.
Look for oil-free ingredients and those that are lightweight so that you don’t clog your pores. Look for moisturizers with the following ingredients:
- Antioxidants- they include things like green tea, which helps to control sebum production.
- Glycolic acid- reduces the excessive production of oil and prevents clogging of the pores.
- Snail mucin extract- helps to accelerate the cell regeneration process that reduces the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and improves skin elasticity. The snail music extract is also rich in glycolic acid that lessens excessive oil production.
- Hyaluronic acid- is very light and keeps your skin hydrated all the time.
The texture of the moisturizer
For oily skin, look for a moisturizer that has a gel-like consistency and it is lightweight. It will penetrate deeply into your skin layer to offer the nourishment required. This works better than cream-based moisturizers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I moisturize oily skin?
Yes. Oily skin can get dehydrated too. Thus, don’t skip the moisturizer in your skincare routine. However, only use an oil-free lightweight formula that will not clog your pores.
Do Korean moisturizers for oily skin work?
Yes. These moisturizers are formulated with ingredients that help in controlling the excessive production of sebum. The moisturizers are also oil-free meaning they will not leave any sticky residue on your skin after application. They are also lightweight and do not feel heavy on your skin.
How do I pick the right Korean moisturizer for oily skin?
Choose an oil-free and lightweight moisturizer that is liquid or gel-based.
Oily skin too needs to be moisturized because failure to moisturize them can lead to more sebum production. Choosing the right moisturizer for oily skin can be tricky because if you don’t look at the ingredients, you can settle for a moisturizer that can clog your pores.
Our top pick is the COSRX Oil-Free Ultra-Moisturizing Lotion with Birch Sap from our review of the best Korean moisturisers for oily skin. It is an oil-free lotion that is lightweight and gets quickly absorbed into your skin without leaving any greasy residue.
This moisturizer is full of vitamins and antioxidants that calm and heals irritated skin effectively by providing the nourishment it needs.
- Best Korean Moisturizer For Dry Skin That’ll Transform Your Complexion
- Best Korean Moisturizers for All Skin Types
- Best Radio Frequency Skin Tightening Machines for the Face and Body
About Author (Susan R. Orrell)
Susan R. Orrell is a well-respected skin care expert and blogger. She has extensive knowledge of skin care products and routines and is dedicated to helping others achieve healthy, radiant skin. Her blog, "The Apex Beauty," is a go-to resource for skincare information, and readers around the world trust her advice. Whether you're looking for tips on how to treat acne, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, or maintain healthy skin, the blog has something for everyone.