Last Updated on April 12, 2021
Coconut oil is a beauty staple that is recognized worldwide for its many benefits to your skin. This rich natural oil is derived from the coconut’s edible fleshy meat, which is rich in nutrients, fatty acids, and antioxidants. This makes it incredibly good for your skin.
It helps in increasing hydration, increases collagen production, lightens dark spots, and reduces inflammation. This versatile oil has natural antibacterial properties that help to reduce bacteria associated with acne and infections. The oil is filled with medium-chain fatty acids that moisturize dry skin and soothe inflamed skin.
With all these skin benefits coconut oil offers, choosing the right oil can be hard because not all coconut oils are the same. Their method of processing may affect its quality. That is why we have compiled a list of the best coconut oil for skin that you should try. Read on.
- Best Coconut Oil For Skin Comparison Chart
- Top 10 Coconut Oil For Skin Reviews
- Viva Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Majestic Pure Fractionated Coconut Oil
- COCO & CO. Organic Pure Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Carrington Farms Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- Okay 100% Pure Coconut Oil for All Skin Types
- Brooklyn Botany Fractionated Coconut Oil for Skin
- Advanced Clinicals Coconut Oil Cream
- Pure Body Fractionated Coconut Oil for Hair and Skin
- Premium Nature Fractionated Coconut Massage Oil
- Plant Therapy Essential Oils Fractionated Coconut Oil
- How To Choose The Best Coconut Oil For Skin?
- FAQ’S & Answer
Best Coconut Oil For Skin Comparison Chart
Top 10 Coconut Oil For Skin Reviews
Made from fresh organic coconuts, Viva Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is a nutrient-rich oil for your skin treatment. This oil is cold-pressed to retain all its helpful nutrients, and it is a great natural moisturizer for your skin.
It penetrates and hydrates your skin deeply leaving a soft and silky finish that is non-sticky or non-greasy. This oil is also a perfect natural hair conditioner that will leave your hair relaxed, shiny, and looking healthy. You can use it for cooking, baking, spreading, and it has a rich flavor and aroma that is naturally delicious.
- Made with fresh organic coconut
- Provides deep hydration to the skin
- Does not feel sticky or greasy on the skin
- Cold-pressed and unrefined oil
This is a premium quality fractionated coconut oil-rich with medium chain fatty acids. This oil is a great moisturizer as it creates a protective barrier layer that traps moisture inside your skin to keep it supple and hydrated.
The oil is odorless and does not leave a greasy feeling when applied to your skin. It does not stain your sheets either and easily washes out from clothes. Thus, don’t be afraid to apply this oil while sleeping for overnight moisturization.
This coconut oil has a very long shelf life, and it does not become solid like other oils. It is a multipurpose oil that can be used in recipes, hair conditioners, makeup removers, face wash, aromatherapy, and massage.
- An excellent moisturizer
- Soothes skin rashes and irritations
- Has high antioxidants properties
- It has a longer shelf life
For luxurious supple skin, use COCO & CO. Organic Pure Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. This oil claims to be the purest form of coconut oil, and it is made with 100% organic coconut. The oil is rich in vitamin E and fatty acids.
It helps to reduce the appearance of blemishes on your skin, dark spots on your face, wrinkles, age spots, and stretch marks. You can use this hydrating oil as your daily moisturizer for soft and youthful-looking skin. This coconut oil offers the lightest and velvet-smooth consistency that is odor-free.
- Virgin coconut oil preserves all the essential nutrients beneficial for your skin and body
- Non-greasy silky texture
- Fast absorption oil
- Has no foul odor
This is top-quality coconut oil that is organic, unrefined, cold-pressed, and virgin derived from the finest coconuts. The oil is great for the skin as it moisturizes the skin deeply, leaving it supple and hydrated. It also helps to eliminate blemishes on your skin and face leaving a smooth flawless complexion.
This oil is incredibly versatile as it can be used for cooking, adding to your smoothies, baking, and it is great for hair conditioners and your skin.
- Great for moisturizing your skin
- Hair conditioning oil
- Nutrient-dense oil
- Versatile oil for cooking, skin, body, face, and hair
This is a 100% pure coconut oil for deep moisturizing all skin types and hair textures. It is great for skin rashes, chapped lips, nails, and more. The oil is a powerful anti-aging formula that stimulates collagen production. This helps to firm the skin and to make it more elastic thus eliminating aging signs like wrinkles, sagging skin, and fine lines.
It also has antibacterial and antifungal properties that skin healing properties that help your skin to fight allergies and infections. The oil is rich in fatty acids and antioxidants that help prevent aging and damage your skin.
- Powerful anti-aging and skin healing properties
- Has antibacterial and antifungal properties that help the skin to fight infections
- Stimulates collagen production
- Protects the skin from sun damage
- Prevents dryness and flaking of the skin
This 100% pure and natural fractionated coconut oil is your go-to moisturizing oil for your skin and face. The oil is fast-absorbing and penetrates deeply and gently within your skin pores and hair follicles. It improves dry skin, dry nails, and dry hair.
The best part is that it can protect your skin from harmful UV radiation rays and keep your skin soft and smooth. This oil is fragrance-free and can be used as a massage oil for your skin and face. It also promotes healthy hair and scalp by fighting fungus. It adds volume and shine to dry hair and makes your hair look fuller and softer.
- Moisturizing oil for skin and face
- Protects skin against UV radiation damage
- Improves dry skin and dry hair with its intense hydration
- Fast-absorbing oil
This is concentrated coconut oil that can restore moisture to dry and dull skin. It is made of organic coconut full of highly nourishing ingredients that are beneficial to your skin.
The oil soothes irritated skin, smoothens uneven skin by eliminating blemishes, wrinkles, and fine lines, and firms the skin to give a youthful glow. It is formulated with natural glycerin and aloe vera that softens dry spots like elbows and knees.
- Multi-use formula for facial moisturizer, body lotion, and hair conditioner
- Restores elasticity and firms the skin
- Restores moisture to dry and dull skin
- Non-greasy and absorbs very quickly
This is a rich natural nourishing oil for moisturizing your skin and strengthening your hair and nails. The oil has a lightweight texture and is non-greasy, which makes it perfect for moisturizing your skin.
It does not feel heavy on the skin, and it easily absorbs it into your skin. It strengthens the underlying tissues and removes dead skin cells leaving your skin soft and hydrated.
- It comes with a pump and press disc cap for easy dispensing
- Non-greasy and fragrance-free formula
- It easily absorbs into the skin
- Cleanses and moisturizes the skin
- It has a longer shelf life
This is a coconut oil moisturizer formulated best for sensitive skin. It is made with 100% pure natural coconuts so as not to aggravate any pre-existing skin condition.
The oil has amazing properties that penetrate deeply into the skin, making it super smooth without leaving a greasy feeling. You can use this oil for cooking, body oil for dry skin, makeup remover oil, and lip moisturizer.
- Smoothens the skin
- It does not leave any greasy feeling
- Sensitive skin moisturizer
- It helps hair to grow longer and stronger
This pure fractionated coconut oil is loaded with nutrients and antioxidants, which makes it a great moisturizer. This oil can be used solely or mixed with any other essential oil. It gets absorbed quickly into the skin without leaving a greasy residue. It is great for dry and dehydrated skin as it helps to restore moisture shine and luster.
- Restores moisture for dry and dehydrated skin
- Absorbs quickly into the skin
- It does not leave a greasy residue
- Does not solidify
How To Choose The Best Coconut Oil For Skin?
Read the label to know the type of coconut oil
When selecting the best coconut oil for your skin, always read the label and look for words like organic, unrefined, virgin, or extra virgin. These are the types of coconut oil that offer the skin the most benefit. The oil is made with fresh coconuts grown without chemical pesticides and does not contain dangerous trans fats.
Check the method of processing
Coconut oil is processed in different ways, which can affect its quality. Make sure you buy cold-pressed coconut oil, which means no heat or added chemicals are used to extract the oil. Such unrefined oil is the best for skin care because it contains more fatty acids and compounds beneficial to your skin.
Look for fractionated coconut oil
This is coconut oil that does not solidify because the compounds that cause the oil to be solid at room temperature have been removed. This makes the oil stay in liquid for years. It also makes the oil less greasy and more lightweight on your skin.
Check the color
Never buy coconut oil that has a yellow or gray tint. This coloration can be a sign of contamination.
FAQ’S & Answer
What coconut oil is best for the skin?
Unrefined, cold-pressed coconut oil is the best for your skin. It does not contain any added chemicals and is rich in fatty acids and compounds that are beneficial to your skin.
What are the benefits of coconut oil for my skin?
It moisturizes your skin, increases hydration, reduces inflammation, increases collagen production, minimizes the signs of aging, lightens dark patches, and provides antioxidants.
Does coconut oil clog pores?
Coconut oil is comedogenic and can clog pores for people with too oily skin.
Coconut oil is a versatile oil with many uses and offers more benefits to your skin. It is a great moisturizing oil full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties to soothe your skin. It also helps in eliminating early signs of aging like wrinkles and fine lines by increasing skin elasticity and firming the skin.
This list offers you the best coconut oil for skin, and our top pick is Okay 100% Pure Coconut Oil for All Skin Types. This oil is a powerful anti aging formula that stimulates collagen production.
This helps to firm the skin and to make it more elastic thus eliminating aging signs like wrinkles, sagging skin, and fine lines. It prevents dryness and flaking of the skin and protects the skin from sun damage.
- Best Korean Moisturizer For Oily Skin: Get Perfect Skin
- Best Korean Moisturizer For Dry Skin That’ll Transform Your Complexion
- Best Korean Moisturizers for All Skin Types