If you are dealing with eczema, you know that just using any skincare product on your skin can be risky. Using the wrong body wash can lead to unusual breakouts on your skin, redness, cracks, inflammation, itchiness, and flaky patches. The products you use daily like lotions and body washes can exacerbate your eczema condition. The good thing is that there are dermatologist-tested body washes available in the market that are suitable for eczema-prone skin. These formulae are gentle, soap, and fragrance-free and will prevent you from worsening your eczema condition. They contain soothing and hydrating ingredients that help to retain your skin’s moisture barrier. Here is a list of the best body wash for Eczema that will help you select the right body cleanser to alleviate eczema symptoms.
- Editor’s Choices
- 10 Best Body Washes For Eczema Of 2024
- 1. Cetaphil Ultra Gentle Body Wash (Best Vitamin B5)
- 2. CeraVe Soothing Body Wash Eczema Treatment Shower Gel (Best For Sensitive Skin)
- 3. Dove Beauty Bar Gently Cleanses and Nourishes (Best Nourishing Your Skin)
- 4. Aveeno Skin Relief Fragrance-Free Body Wash (Best Paraben Free)
- 5. Eucerin Skin Calming Body Wash (Best For Dry Skin)
- 6. Vanicream Gentle Body Wash (Best Gentle Cleansing)
- 7. Puracy Natural Body Wash for Men and Women (Best For Women Men Kids)
- 8. Lipikar Wash AP+ Body & Face Wash (Best Allergy Tested)
- 9. BOTANIC HEARTH Tea Tree Body Wash (Best For Oily Skin)
- 10. Curél Itch Defense Calming Daily Cleanser (Best Soap Free)
- What To Look For In A Body Wash For Eczema – Buying Guide?
- Frequently Asked Questions
10 Best Body Washes For Eczema Of 2024
1. Cetaphil Ultra Gentle Body Wash (Best Vitamin B5)
This is an ultra-gentle body wash that cleanses even the most sensitive skin. It does this without stripping your skin of its natural moisture while delivering nourishing and hydrating ingredients to maintain the skin moisture barrier.
It is formulated with aloe vera and vitamin B5 unique combination of moisturizers that leave your skin soft, clean, and replenished. It cleanses the body without leaving your skin feeling dry. It is enriched with marigold flower extract that soothes skin with eczema.
- Gentle on sensitive skin
- It does not clog pores or cause more breakouts
- Fragrance-free, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and non-irritating
- Moisturizes and soothes your skin
- Gently cleanses without stripping skin’s natural moisture
2. CeraVe Soothing Body Wash Eczema Treatment Shower Gel (Best For Sensitive Skin)
This is a soothing body wash for very dry skin. It gently cleanses and calms extra dry, itchy, and eczema-prone skin. This is the best eczema body wash and has been accepted by the National Eczema Association.
It is formulated with three essential ceramides that help restore and maintain your skin’s natural protective barrier. It is enriched with soothing omega oils that calm dry, itchy, and irritated skin. This body wash is free of fragrance, parabens, sulfates, and soap to avoid any irritation.
- Gentle non-irritating formula
- Formulated with ceramides and hyaluronic acid to hydrate and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
- Have omega oil to soothe itchy and dry skin
- Non-comedogenic and fragrance-free
3. Dove Beauty Bar Gently Cleanses and Nourishes (Best Nourishing Your Skin)
This is a gentle body wash that is formulated for sensitive skin. It effectively and gently washes away bacteria and dirt and nourishes your skin. It is a hypoallergenic formula great for eczema-prone skin.
It is formulated with mild cleansers and fragrance-free formulas that will not irritate your sensitive skin. It is enriched with a moisturizing cream that helps the skin retain and replenish nutrients and moisture. Using this body wash reveals softer, smoother, and more radiant skin.
- Dermatologist-recommended ad suitable for daily use
- Formulated with mild cleansers suitable for sensitive skin
- Hypoallergenic and fragrance-free formula
- Moisturizing formula
4. Aveeno Skin Relief Fragrance-Free Body Wash (Best Paraben Free)
If you are looking for a formula that will provide a soothing relief to dry, itchy skin, Aveeno Skin Relief Fragrance-Free Body Wash should be your go-to formula. This body washes gently cleanses while removing dirt, oil, and bacteria.
It is formulated with a soothing oat that calms irritated skin. It cleanses your skin without disrupting its natural moisture barrier. It is a moisturizing body wash that is fragrance-free, dye-free, allergy-tested, and suitable for daily use. It locks in moisture for 24 hours and restores essential moisture to leave your skin looking and feeling soft.
- Allergy-tested, soap-free, and dye-free formula
- Locks in moisture for 24 hours
- Gentle enough for sensitive skin and daily use
- Soothes dry and itchy skin
5. Eucerin Skin Calming Body Wash (Best For Dry Skin)
This is a calming body wash soap-free formula suitable for eczema-prone skin. It gently cleanses and soothes dry, itchy skin. The formula is enriched with omega oils and other natural lipids that help the skin retain its essential moisture and leave the skin feeling calm and comfortable.
It is a mild body wash that cleanses without over-drying so as not to irritate your skin. It can help you to relieve itchiness instantly caused by dry skin. It is dye and fragrance-free so as not to irritate your skin. It forms a mild lather that rinses lean without leaving any residue on your skin.
- Soothes dry itchy skin
- Fragrance and dye-free
- Relieves itchiness caused by dry skin
- A mild body wash that will not irritate your skin
6. Vanicream Gentle Body Wash (Best Gentle Cleansing)
This is a dermatologist-tested body wash that removes dirt and oil without drying your skin. It is a gentle formulation for sensitive skin free of dyes, fragrances, soap, oil, and parabens. It forms a rich lather that leaves your skin feeling soft and clean.
This cream carries the NEA cream, which means that it is approved for use on eczema-prone skin. This body wash has been formulated to avoid common chemical irritants and harsh cleansing agents found in ordinary body wash, and it is thus safe for kids.
- Free of common chemical irritants like fragrance, dyes, and parabens
- Soap-free and oil-free formula
- Approved for use on eczema-prone skin
7. Puracy Natural Body Wash for Men and Women (Best For Women Men Kids)
This is a plant-powered vegan body wash formulated for both men and women. It is a cleanse made with fruit and vegetable-derived moisturizers that hydrates and leaves your skin feeling silky-soft and smooth.
It is made with a coconut-based surfactant that produces a rich luxurious foam that leaves your skin feeling soft, fresh, and moisturized. This naturally-derived surfactant cleanses without disrupting your skin’s natural moisture.
It does not cause irritation, dryness, or redness. It is enriched with vegetable glycerin that keeps your skin silky smooth. It also has sea salt, which naturally exfoliates, hydrates, and balances your skin.
- Rinses 100% clean
- Hydrates and balances your skin’s PH
- Keeps your skin silky smooth
- Creates a rich-luxurious foam
8. Lipikar Wash AP+ Body & Face Wash (Best Allergy Tested)
This is a moisturizing body and face wash that gently lenses dry to extra-dry sensitive skin. It is a non-stripping body wash that offers 24-hour hydration. It is formulated with shea butter and glycerin that leaves your skin moisturized and soothed.
It forms a comforting foam that protects the skin from the drying effects of water and leaves it clean and soft. This body wash is allergy-tested, dermatologist-tested, fragrance-free, soap-free, and non-comedogenic, making it safe for sensitive skin and even children.
- Soothing face and body wash for sensitive and dry skin
- Provides 24hours hydration
- Formulated with shea butter and glycerin to moisturize your skin
- Gently cleanse body and face without stripping
9. BOTANIC HEARTH Tea Tree Body Wash (Best For Oily Skin)
This is a body wash made with 100% pure and natural tea tree oil. It is a foot and body wash that helps wash away and defend impurities from the skin surface responsible for body odor, athlete’s foot, acne, jock itch, ringworm, and toenail issues.
It helps to alleviate common foot and skin irritations. It is enriched with peppermint oil and sea buckthorn oil, rich skin-conditioning ingredients that nourish your skin.
- It helps wash away impurities from the skin
- Great for body odor and skin irritation
- Soothes itching ad promotes healthy skin and feet
- Has no harmful chemicals to irritate your skin
- Rich in skin-conditioning ingredients
10. Curél Itch Defense Calming Daily Cleanser (Best Soap Free)
This is a clinically-tested formula that helps to relieve dry, itchy skin with its soothing hydration. It features a soap-free formula that gently cleanses and hydrates dry, itchy skin. It is a gentle formula with no added fragrances or harsh chemicals to irritate your skin.
It is granted the National Eczema Association Seal and recommended for people with eczema or severe skin conditions. It is formulated with a unique blend of gentle cleansers and skin conditioners that create a rich lather to cleanse your skin without stripping its moisture barrier thoroughly.
- Approved for eczema-prone skin
- Relieves dry, itchy skin with soothing hydration
- Gentle formula with safe ingredients
- Has no added fragrance
What To Look For In A Body Wash For Eczema – Buying Guide?
Before buying the best body wash for eczema, you need to consider the active ingredients used. These can either improve or worsen your condition. Look for a body wash with natural soothing elements like green tea and soothing oat to help calm itchy and irritated skin.
Avoid a body wash with possible irritants like fragrances, dyes, soap, preservatives, parabens, and alcohol. Such harsh chemicals will irritate your skin or cause allergies that lead to itching.
NEA Seal of Acceptance
Only go for body washes that have a seal of acceptance from the National Eczema Association. This is proof that the formula has been tested and approved for eczema-prone skin, and it is safe to use.
Eczema-prone skin is likely to dry. Consider using a body wash that is hydrating and moisturizing to replenish and retain your skin moisture barrier. Look for hydrating ingredients like essential oils in a formula. They not only cleanse your skin but also hydrate it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which body wash should you use with eczema-prone skin?
Use body washes that are fragrance-free, soap-free, oil-free, and only those that are gentle on your skin. Look for body washes that the National Eczema Association approves. They are mild and gentle on your skin.
Can you use body wash every day with eczema-prone skin?
Yes. You can use soap-free body washes every day but ensure that they are moisturizing and dye and fragrance-free.
Can body wash heal eczema?
No. Body washes can only help alleviate and relieve symptoms associated with eczema-like itchiness, redness, and dry skin.
With eczema-prone skin, you need to select the right cleanser formulated to relieve itchiness and irritation on your skin. These body washes are made with a mild cleanser that is gentle and soothing to your skin. They help relieve redness, dry patches, and irritation on your skin.
From our list of the best body washes for eczema; we highly recommend using the CeraVe Soothing Body Wash Eczema Treatment Shower Gel. This is a soothing body wash that gently cleanses and calms extra dry, itchy, and eczema-prone skin. The National Eczema Association has approved it.
It is formulated with essential ceramides to restore and maintain your skin’s natural protective barrier. The formula is enriched with soothing omega oils that calm dry, itchy, and irritated skin. It is free of fragrance, parabens, sulfates, and soap to avoid any irritation.
About Author (Susan R. Orrell)
Susan R. Orrell is a well-respected skin care expert and blogger. She has extensive knowledge of skin care products and routines and is dedicated to helping others achieve healthy, radiant skin. Her blog, "The Apex Beauty," is a go-to resource for skincare information, and readers around the world trust her advice. Whether you're looking for tips on how to treat acne, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, or maintain healthy skin, the blog has something for everyone.