With dry skin, true hydration starts right in the shower. That is why you need to switch to body washes that remove dirt, sweat, and pollutants while moisturizing your skin. Using the wrong body cleanser can make your dry skin feel tight and itchy. Hydrating body wash will help you deal with some of the symptoms of dry skin. They are formulated with ingredients that trap moisture in your skin and leave it hydrated, soft, and smooth.
Key moisturizing ingredients present in body washes for dry skin include essential oils, aloe vera, and ceramides that leave your skin silky smooth, soft, and clean. With so many products available in the market with a combination of ingredients, finding the best body wash for dry skin can be overwhelming. Here is a list of body washes that will work best for your dry skin.
- Editor’s Choices
- 10 Best Body Washes For Dry Skin In 2024
- 1. Cetaphil Ultra Gentle Body Wash (Best Fragrance Free)
- 2. Puracy Natural Body Wash – Citrus and Sea Salt (Best Moisturizing Shower Gel)
- 3. CeraVe Soothing Body Wash (Best Sulfate Free)
- 4. Dove Fragrance-Free Body Wash (Best Hypoallergenic Free)
- 5. Aveeno Skin Relief Fragrance-Free Body Wash (Best Paraben Free)
- 6. Eucerin Skin Calming Body Wash (Best For Moisturizing)
- 7. Vanicream Gentle Body Wash (Best Dermatologist Tested)
- 8. Olay Body Wash with Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin (Best Lather In luxury)
- 9. Maui Moisture Shea Butter Body Wash (Best Silicone Free)
- 10. Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Moisturizing Body Wash (Best For Women And Men)
- How To Choose A Good Body Wash For Dry Skin?
- Frequently Asked Questions
10 Best Body Washes For Dry Skin In 2024
1. Cetaphil Ultra Gentle Body Wash (Best Fragrance Free)
This is an ultra-gentle soothing body wash that is formulated for dry sensitive skin. It gently cleanses the body and soothes it without stripping its natural moisture or leaving your skin feeling dry.
It is formulated with marigold flower extract, vitamin B5, and aloe vera, a unique combination of moisturizers that leaves your skin clean and feeling smooth, soft, and moisturized. It comes with a soothing fragrance and it is gentle enough to use every day. This body wash is dermatologist-tested, and it will not clog your pores or cause breakouts.
- Suitable for dry sensitive skin
- Cleanses the body gently without leaving the skin feeling dry
- Formulated with aloe vera, vitamin B5, and marigold flower extract that moisturizes your skin
- Has a calming fragrance
2. Puracy Natural Body Wash – Citrus and Sea Salt (Best Moisturizing Shower Gel)
This is a natural body wash for both men and women. It is formulated with 93.3% of plant-powered ingredients that leave the skin clean, fresh and hydrated. Its ingredients are a blend of fruit and vegetable-derived moisturizers from freshly sliced orange peels, squeezed grapefruit, bergamot, lemons, and tea tree oil that hydrate your skin.
Sea salt is also included to purify and balance the PH of your skin. This body wash forms a rich foam that rinses clean without causing any irritation on your skin.
- Leaves the skin silky smooth soft and clean
- Rinses clean with no irritation
- contain 93.3% natural ingredients with no harsh chemicals
- For both men and women
3. CeraVe Soothing Body Wash (Best Sulfate Free)
This is a soothing body wash that is formulated for very dry skin. It is an ultra-gentle formula that cleanses and offers itch relief to dry skin. It calms extra dry, itchy, and eczema-prone skin. It is formulated with three essential ceramides and omega oils that help to restore and maintain the skin’s natural protective barrier.
The formula contains hyaluronic acid that offers deep hydration and attracts the needed moisture to the skin surface. This body wash is also fragrance-free to prevent any irritation.
- Has omega oils to soothe dry, itchy skin
- 3 essential ceramides to restore and maintain a natural protective barrier
- Soothing body wash for very dry skin
4. Dove Fragrance-Free Body Wash (Best Hypoallergenic Free)
This is a gentle cleansing body wash formulated for severely dry itchy skin. This fragrance-free body wash features a unique blend of plant oils, skin natural lipids, and mild cleansing agents that help relieve dry, itchy skin.
This gentle body wash is non-irritating and 10x more nourishing than a regular body wash. It rinses clean without leaving a greasy layer on your skin. Its lightweight foam gently removes impurities and provides lasting nourishment and comfort.
- Relieves skin dryness
- Mild body wash for severely dry and itchy skin
- Hypoallergenic, and fragrance-free
- Formulated with plant oils and glycerin to relieve dryness
5. Aveeno Skin Relief Fragrance-Free Body Wash (Best Paraben Free)
This is a daily body wash formula that soothes itchy dry skin. It is enriched with soothing oat to help nourish your skin without disrupting its natural moisture barrier. It gently cleanses and leaves your skin smooth and healthy. The body wash is gentle enough for sensitive skin and provides soothing relief for dry itchy sensitive skin.
- Removes dirt naff impurities without disrupting skin natural moisture barrier
- Gentle enough for sensitive skin
- Made with soothing oat to provide relief to dry itchy skin
- Leaves the skin feeling moisturized, smooth and healthy
6. Eucerin Skin Calming Body Wash (Best For Moisturizing)
This is a skin-calming body wash with a gentle formula that cleanses, conditions and helps relieve dry itchy skin. It is enriched with omega oils and other natural lipids to help soothe and moisturize dry, itchy skin.
This soap-free formula forms a mild lather that rinses clean without leaving any residue on your skin. It retains your skin’s essential moisture balance and does not dry out your skin during and after a shower. It is free of fragrance, dye, and other chemicals that may trigger irritation on your skin.
- Fragrance soap, and dye-free
- Enriched with nourishing omega oils and natural lipids
- Soothes dry, itchy skin
- Rinses clean without leaving any residue
7. Vanicream Gentle Body Wash (Best Dermatologist Tested)
This is a gentle body wash formula designed for sensitive skin. It removes dirt and oil without drying the skin. It has a rich lather in both soft and hard water that leaves the skin soft and clean.
It is formulated with no chemical irritants and harsh cleansing agents to offer a gentle formula for sensitive skin. It is free of dyes, fragrances, lanolin, parabens, and sulfates that are common in ordinary cleansers.
- Removes dirt and oil without drying the skin
- Soap and oil-free body wash
- Gentle body wash for sensitive skin
- Leave the skin feeling soft and clean
8. Olay Body Wash with Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin (Best Lather In luxury)
This is a cleansing and nourishing body wash that deeply hydrates and replenishes the skin moisture barrier. This fast-absorbing formula hydrates and nourishes your skin leaving it clean, soft, and silky.
It is formulated with hyaluronic acid and vitamin B3 complex to cleanse and nourish your skin for a healthy look. This formula rinses off clean without leaving an oily residue on your skin.
- Hydrates and nourishes dry skin
- Replenishes the skin moisture barrier with hyaluronic acid and vitamin B3 complex
- Leave skin clean, soft, and silky
- Offers long-lasting hydration to dry skin
9. Maui Moisture Shea Butter Body Wash (Best Silicone Free)
This is a hydrating body wash that quenches the thirst of your skin. T is infused with creamy shea butter with a blend of coconut and macadamia oils. Aloe vera juice is also included together with coconut water that offers deep hydration to severely dry skin.
It is also ideal for normal, skin, oily, and combination skin. Most of its ingredients are naturally-derived and lack harsh surfactants that can irritate your skin.
- Extra-hydrating body wash
- Infused with shea butter coconut oil and macadamia oil to moisturize your skin
- A unique blend with aloe vera and coconut water
- Offers long-lasting hydration
10. Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Moisturizing Body Wash (Best For Women And Men)
This is a moisturizing body wash that leaves your skin feeling soft, smooth, and refreshed. It is enriched with aloe vera gel, essential oils, flaxseed oil, and other ingredients that leave your skin soft and smooth. Its foam rinses clean without leaving any sticky residue on your skin. It has a light refreshing mild citrus scent that leaves your body smelling fresh.
- Moisturizing body wash
- Has a light refreshing mild citrus scent
- Infused with aloe vera and essential oils
How To Choose A Good Body Wash For Dry Skin?
Type of Ingredients Used
With dry skin, you need to look for a body wash that has moisturizing ingredients. They help to hydrate and moisturize your skin relieving it from dry slim symptoms like itchiness and irritation. Moisturizing ingredients to look for in a body wash include aloe vera, vitamin E, coconut oil, ceramides, and other essential oils.
These ingredients help to restore the natural skin’s moisture barrier and quench the thirst for dry skin. Also, opt for ingredients that are naturally derived to avoid chemicals that can trigger irritation and make your skin drier.
If your skin is dry and sensitive, you need to avoid anybody washing with added fragrance or other harsh chemicals. They can cause irritation and trigger other reactions on your skin. If your skin is not sensitive, consider the scent of a body wash so that you don’t smell you don’t like after taking your shower.
Reading reviews will help you make an informed buying decision for your body wash. You will know the pros and cons of a certain product, which will guide you on which one to settle for.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the best body wash for dry skin?
Any body washes with moisturizing and hydrating benefits is good for dry skin. It will combat skin dryness symptoms and restore your skin’s natural moisture barrier. Go for a body wash with ingredients like aloe vera, vitamin E, hyaluronic acid, and essential oils.
Between a bar soap and body wash which one is better for dry skin?
Unlike body wash, most bar soaps have sodium hydroxide, a chemical that is overly drying and can worsen your dry skin condition. Moisturizing body washes are better than bar soaps because they will hydrate your skin and cleanse it without drying it.
Are body washes good for dry skin?
Yes. Most body washes for dry skin are soap-free and use oil-cleansers that are more effective in sealing your skin’s moisture. Thus, better for dry skin.
Dry skin requires special care, which you can start right while showering by using body washes formulated to moisturize and hydrate the skin. They are rich in essential oils and moisturizing ingredients like aloe vera and hyaluronic acid that protect and replenish your skin’s natural moisture barrier.
From our list of the best body washes for dry skin, our top pick is CeraVe Soothing Body Wash. We love it because it is formulated for dry skin and soothes and offers itch relief to your skin.
It is formulated with three essential ceramides and omega oils that help to restore and maintain the skin’s natural protective barrier. It also has hyaluronic acid that offers deep hydration and attracts the needed moisture to the skin surface. This body wash is also fragrance-free.
- Best Antibacterial Soaps To Keep Your Body Germ-Free
- Best Ammonia Free Hair Dyes for Healthy, Shiny Color
- Best Freckle Removal Creams Ultimate Guide
About Author (Susan R. Orrell)
Susan R. Orrell is a well-respected skin care expert and blogger. She has extensive knowledge of skin care products and routines and is dedicated to helping others achieve healthy, radiant skin. Her blog, "The Apex Beauty," is a go-to resource for skincare information, and readers around the world trust her advice. Whether you're looking for tips on how to treat acne, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, or maintain healthy skin, the blog has something for everyone.