If your hair is colored, watching your vibrant hair color fade is painful. Also, maintaining the shade of the color requires some effort. But do you know that there is an easier and more cost-effective way to keep your hair color as fresh and as vibrant as you would like it to be? The sun’s UV rays and heat styling can cause your hair color to fade. This means making several trips to the salon now and then to maintain your hair color. But you can cut down the salon visits by using color depositing conditioners.
Color depositing conditioner is a formula infused with pigments used to preserve and intensify color-treated hair or neutralize unwanted brassy tones. These conditioners also protect your hair from harmful UV rays and heat styling. This keeps your hair color fresh between salon visits. Here is a list of the best color-depositing conditioners that you can try.
- Editor’s Choices
- 10 Best Color Depositing Conditioners Of 2024
- 1. Keracolor Clenditioner Color Depositing Conditioner Color wash (Best For Normal Hair)
- 2. Celeb Luxury Professional Color Depositing Conditioner (Best Vegan Hair Dye)
- 3. CHI Ionic Illuminate Mahogany Red Color Conditioner (Best Gluten Free)
- 4. Punky 3-in-1 Color Depositing Shampoo & Conditioner (Best Pro Vitamin)
- 5. John Frieda Visibly Deeper Color Deepening Conditioner (Best Natural Cocoa)
- 6. Joico Color Infuse Shampoo and Conditioner Set (Best For Color Treated Hair)
- 7. ALOXXI InstaBoost Color Depositing Conditioner Mask (Best Chemically Treated Hair)
- 8. N Rage Color Depositing Shampoo + conditioner (Best For Black Hair)
- 9. One’n Only Argan Oil Condition Color Chocolate (Best For Adult Age)
- 10. TouchBack Plus Color Conditioner (Best Temporary Color)
- What Is A Color-Depositing Conditioner?
- How To Choose A Good Color Depositing Conditioner?
- Hair type
- Moisturizing Conditioner
- Long-lasting color
- Frequently Asked Questions
10 Best Color Depositing Conditioners Of 2024
1. Keracolor Clenditioner Color Depositing Conditioner Color wash (Best For Normal Hair)
Keracolor Clenditioner Color Depositing Conditioner Color wash is a low-foam conditioner that cleans dirt and debris from your hair while depositing true rich colors. The conditioner is designed to infuse color into your hair with every wash instantly.
It adds stunning hues and maintains hair vibrancy to prevent it from fading. This kicks up your color between salon visits. Apart from coloring your hair, it adds strength, shine, and softness.
- Available in 15 different shades
- Improves your hair texture
- Long-lasting color
- Adds stunning color to hair and adds shine
2. Celeb Luxury Professional Color Depositing Conditioner (Best Vegan Hair Dye)
This is a formula that allows you to condition and color your hair at the same time. It has a semi-temporary color that allows you to keep your hair vibrant between salon visits. It prevents fading and makes your hair always look on point.
This color depositing conditioner offers an intense true-tone color deposit and conditions. It also moisturizes your hair, softens, and strengthens it. Regular use of this conditioner restores damaged hair fibers and gives them their smooth sanity feel.
- Transforms the texture of your hair
- Available in 10 shades
- Offer extreme dehydration to hair.
- Reduce hair breakage
3. CHI Ionic Illuminate Mahogany Red Color Conditioner (Best Gluten Free)
If your hair is dyed in a red shade, then CHI Ionic Illuminate Mahogany Red Color Conditioner is your to-go formula. Red dye is prone to fading because it has larger molecules than other shades that prevent it from penetrating to the hairs shaft fully. It thus begins to fade fast as soon after the first wash.
You can ensure that your red hair stays vibrant all the time by using this conditioner. It deposits color dyes on your hair in one conditioning step. It is infused with a silk amino complex with ceramic amino acids and silk to penetrate the hair cuticle and deposit color deeply.
- Can be used daily or weekly depending on the desired results
- Helps to maintain salon-fresh color
- Works for both natural hair color and color-treated hair
- Has silk amino complex condition agents to replenish moisture
4. Punky 3-in-1 Color Depositing Shampoo & Conditioner (Best Pro Vitamin)
This is a 3-in-1 color depositing shampoo and conditioner. It replaces and intensifies the color that has faded from your hair, cleanse, and conditions your hair with every wash.
The color depositing formula is infused with hydrolyzed quinoa that offers a protective barrier and prolongs your hair color retention with intense color depositing. This formula is enriched with vegetable protein shea butter and pro-vitamin B5 to restore your hair’s natural shine and to add strength.
- Refreshes your hair color instantly
- Conditions, strengthen, and protects your hair
- Hydrates and keeps hair soft
- Helps your hair color to last longer
5. John Frieda Visibly Deeper Color Deepening Conditioner (Best Natural Cocoa)
This is a color depositing conditioner that offers a deeper brunette color. Formulated for both natural and color-treated hair, this conditioner intensifies and adds vibrancy to all shades of natural and color-treated hair.
The formula is a blend of unique natural ingredients like primrose oil and cocoa to offer rich, deep moisturizing levels to your hair and intensify your hair color.
- Suitable for natural and color-treated hair
- Moisturizes and hydrates your hair
- Infused with natural ingredients to elevate your hair color
- Infuse deep rich tones for darker shades of brunette
6. Joico Color Infuse Shampoo and Conditioner Set (Best For Color Treated Hair)
This is a luxurious shampoo and conditioner designed to vamp up the intensity and shine of red hair. It revamps the red tone on hair to enhance color and shine. It also protects your hair strands from the damage of coloring and heat.
Apart from coloring your hair, this conditioner moisturizes and adds shine to it. The formula is infused with botanical oils that soothe split ends and prevents hair breakage. The special ingredients used to produce hair that is soft, sleek, and shiny.
- Moisturizes and adds shine to hair
- Protects hair strands from damage
- Revamps the red tone on your hair
- Long-lasting results
7. ALOXXI InstaBoost Color Depositing Conditioner Mask (Best Chemically Treated Hair)
Add a pop of color to your hair with ALOXXI Insta Boost Color Depositing Conditioner Mask. This formula is highly-pigmented and adds intense color to your hair. It is enriched with nourishing coconut oil ingredients and shea butter that restores softness and delivers high gloss shine.
Sunflower seed oil protects your hair from UVA/UVB rays to keep hair vibrant and sugar bee extract that conditions the hair. What more would you ask for with a formula that adds beautiful color, provides intense nourishment, hydration, and shine, and one that lasts up to 10-15 washes without fading?
- Rich with nourishing ingredients
- Protects hair from harmful sun rays
- Provide intense hydration to your hair
- Adds intense color to your hair
8. N Rage Color Depositing Shampoo + conditioner (Best For Black Hair)
This is a color depositing shampoo and conditioner that prevents your hair from fading after several washes. It is designed to enhance tones, refresh existing colors, and cleanse the hair when restoring its health.
The formula is powered with a blend of botanical ingredients like vegetable protein, shea butter, pro-vitamin B5, and hydrolyzed quinoa. This restores your hair natural shine, strength, and maintains hair moisture balance to prolong hair color.
- Suitable for all hair types
- Looks in moisture and strengthens hair
- Restores hair’s health and shine
- Prevents hair from fading
9. One’n Only Argan Oil Condition Color Chocolate (Best For Adult Age)
One’n Only Argan Oil Condition Color Chocolate is a color depositing conditioner that refreshes and enhances hair color tone. It deposits a highly-pigmented color to your existing hair color to keep it vibrant all the time and prevent it from fading. The formula is enriched with argan oil that nourishes, condition, and smooth hair while offering incredible shine to it.
- Prevents hair from fading
- Offers incredible shine to hair
- Enriched with argan oil that conditions hair
- Moisturizes and protects hair from damage
10. TouchBack Plus Color Conditioner (Best Temporary Color)
This is a temporary color depositing conditioner designed for use between permanent colors. It adds back color and shines to faded hair without using the harsh chemicals of permanent hair color.
The added color lasts through three ordinary washes, which saves you from going to the salon often. The formula is designed to blend easily into natural or color-treated hair. It contains no ammonia, sulfates, or peroxides, thus a safe and gentle way to add vibrant color anytime.
- Suitable for both natural and color-treated hair
- Adds color and shine to hair
- Has no harsh chemicals
- Color lasts through 3 washes
What Is A Color-Depositing Conditioner?
Color depositing conditioner is a formula enriched with a small amount of color to prevent your hair from fading. It also intensifies the color of color treated hair and neutralizes any harsh tones usually found in blonde and naturally gray hair.
All hair fades over time due to time passing by, heat styling, and sun damage. To maintain the vivacious color of your hair, a color depositing conditioner comes in handy and prevents your hair from fading by adding color. The conditioner also moisturizes and adds shine to your hair improving its health.
How To Choose A Good Color Depositing Conditioner?
Checking the ingredients used in a color depositing conditioner is very vital. Ensure that the conditioners have no harsh chemicals that can damage your hair. Also, look for ingredients that will add other benefits to your hair. These include shea butter, coconut oil, and other botanical ingredients that moisturize and nourish your hair.
Knowing your hair type will help you choose a color depositing conditioner that is suitable for your hair. Some conditioners work for both natural and color-treated hair while others work best for color-treated hair. Read the product description to know what type of hair a certain brand of conditioner is designed for.
You not only want a color depositing conditioner that adds color to your hair but one that moisturizes and hydrates your hair. A moisturizing conditioner helps your hair to retain its moisture balance, which helps to prolong hair color. This ensures that you go for several washes before using your color depositing conditioner because your hair is still in its vibrant color.
Look for a color depositing conditioner that offers long-lasting color. Here you will get value for your money because there will be no need to apply the conditioner every day to keep your hair color vibrant.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can color depositing conditioners damage my hair?
Color depositing conditioners will not damage your hair. They can improve the health of your hair because they contain nourishing ingredients.
How often should I use color depositing conditioners?
Depending on your hair needs, color depositing conditioners can be used daily or weekly. It is designed to preserve and balance your existing color hair.
Who should use a color depositing conditioner?
Anybody who has colorful hair can use a color depositing conditioner. It refreshes, maintains, and magnifies a vibrant hue of your hair. It simply prevents hair color from fading.
Color-treated hair looks all beautiful and vibrant. It is more stunning when it is freshly colored. This calls for some effort to maintain its vibrant color because no one wants to walk around with faded hair. That is where the best color depositing conditioners come in place.
They help to maintain the vibrant color of your hair by adding semi-permanent color. This keeps your hair color intact in between salon visits. It also saves you from going to the salon often. From our review, our best conditioner is the KeracolorClenditioner Color Depositing Conditioner Color wash.
The conditioner cleanses your hair while depositing rich, long-lasting colors. It is available in 15 different shades to suit a variety of hair types. Apart from adding color to your hair, it improves its texture and adds shine.
- Best Pore Vacuum Cleansers: According to a Skin Expert
- Best Relaxers for Black Hair: Great For Afro 4a, 4b, And 4c Hair Types
- Best Nail Polish Strips: Long-Lasting Nail Stickers
About Author (Kelly V. Lampkin)
Kelly V. Lampkin is a hair care blogger who writes about various topics related to hair care, including hair styles, hair products, and hair health. She is passionate about helping people achieve healthy, beautiful hair and shares her knowledge and experience through her blog. Whether you're looking for tips on how to style your hair or advice on how to care for damaged locks, TheApexBeauty's blog is a great resource for anyone interested in hair care.